Seat Belts, MGB

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seat Belts, MGB
From: "Phillips, Frank" <fwp@ufl.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 09:17:48 -0500
List,

With my 1968 MGB back on the road after my extended front-end and brake
system rebuild I now need to make it safer. I currently have old lap belts
which are obviously aged and in need of replacement. I would like to replace
them with shoulder belts. The rear of the cockpit has the hole for the
shoulder mounting but no hardware. I do not wish to fit retractable as it (I
think) is not the proper vintage. Moss list two styles of belts ("Hook
Mount" and Vintage) on page 24 of the "Accessory Catalog". Anyone have
experience with either of these in an MGB? Is long or short needed? Any
other suggestions? I like the idea of the hook mount so I can raise and
lower the top. Thanks in advance...

Frank Phillips
1968 MGB http://plaza.ufl.edu/fwp/mgb.htm <http://plaza.ufl.edu/fwp/mgb.htm>