Re: Seat Belts, MGB

To: "Phillips, Frank" <fwp@ufl.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Seat Belts, MGB
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 12:08:29 -0000
The proper demountable clip for the holes in the panel behind the cockpit
were held to be NLA years ago.  These have to be demountable for fitting and
removing of tonneau and raising and lowering of hood/top.  My car came with
retractables mounted on those holes - held to be illegal by the testing
station as they were only finger tight!  The MGOC in the UK sells a bracket
kit to install demountables on the rear arches where the spool is nicely out
of the way of hood and tonneau - and our medium suitcase slots neatly
betweem them.

PaulH.