Re: Computer Virus

To: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@apk.net>
Subject: Re: Computer Virus
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 08:04:11 -0500
Without loading the list up on every single virus, as a rule, just don't
open any attachment you're not expecting.  Certainly not from people you
don't know (like this one below) and often not from people you do,
particularly if it ends in .exe or .scr or .vbs.  JPEG image (.jpg) are
usually safe, but that's about it.  If you don't know them, don't open.  If
you know them, but it's an .exe or .scr or .vbs and you aren't expecting
it, don't open.  Ask them first.

Also, probably better not to cross-post (forgive this cross-reply), but
either email each list separately or bcc them.

- Tab