Re: Rocker/sill pics and ?

To: "Doug" <dprather@centurytel.net>, "MG" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rocker/sill pics and ?
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 10:21:56 -0000
What's left *looks* pretty sound, although you don't appear to have the
jack-point reinforcer in the outer sill above the jacking tube.  When you
repair the front and rear holes in the sill fit the patches *inside* the
sill.  It'll be more fiddly but particularly at the back, the gap between
the sill and wing panel that covers it is very small.  I'm in the middle of
replacing my third wing panel in that area (out of four - two cars) and in
every case although Waxoyl had been liberally applied none had penetrated
between those two panels.  Because the Waxoyl can't be applied until after
welding, and then only from behind the trim panel behind the door (i.e. over
that section) I now treat it with fresh engine oil before the Waxoyl.

PaulH.