Re: A am a newbie

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A am a newbie
From: Lieb David B <dbl@vniles.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 10:53:40 -0600
Paul,
I have two copies of the Bentley book. The cover says

The Complete Official MGB
1962-1974
Comprising the official
Driver's Handbook
Workshop Manual
Special Tuning Manual

Frankly, I have always been somewhat disappointed in the book. Given the
imposing bulk (about an inch (2.5408cm) thick) and official timbre to the
cover, I expected a lot more depth than I have found in there. I have had
official workshop manuals for Detroit products like the 1973 Pontiac Lemans
that were even more imposing and more comprehensive. Yes it is a good book; yes
I am glad I have it (although I wouldn't mind finding a happy home for the
second copy); no, if I had to choose between it and the Haynes, the Haynes
would win.

David Lieb
dbl@vniles.com
847.588.8016