Re: Chicago Driving

To: "Max Heim" <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Chicago Driving
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:05:25 -0700 (MST)
I lived in Coahuila Mexico for a few years,  there it was dangerous to
run a red.  The people waiting at the red light didn't wait for theirs
to turn green to go, they waited for the green one to turn yellow, then
gunned it.

The concept of lanes was pretty much ignored as you lined up at a red.
It was more of a pole position style, and everyone jammed in if there
was room.  Only two lanes didn't mean that three to four cars couldn't
line up in front.  That with the fact that half of the cars looked like
they came from the set of Road Warrior made for lots of fun driving...

To get a license to drive in Torreon, Coahuila, Mexico you had to take
a picture of yourself and about the equivalent of $10.00 US to the DMV.
 They took the pesos and the picture, laminated your picture to a
little card with your info and gave it back.  No tests, no hastles,
nothing.

If you can afford to have a car in Mexico, you already know how to
drive it is the thought as far as I could tell.

--
Andrew Lundgren
lundgren@byu.net