Re: Ground Clearance

To: loubiere@earthlink.net, mg-t@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ground Clearance
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 23:26:46 EST
In a message dated 3/1/01 1:53:23 PM !!!First Boot!!!, loubiere@earthlink.net
writes:

> I notice that the item that has the least amount of clearance on my TD is
> the oil pan.  It hangs about an inch or so below the front cross member.  Is
> this how it is should be?
>
> Thanks
> Bill

Bill:

       That sounds about right and I have brand new motor mounts. Yes, the
oil pan on the TD is the first thing to scrape when you run out of clearance.
My TD's oil pan bears many scars. But the TD still has loads more clearance
than the MGA or MGB. My B's muffler gets scraped somewhere along the line on
every outing I go on. It's a chrome bumper B with Michelin XGT-4 P175/65R14
tires. These are really nice tires but about an inch too short. I could
really use that extra inch on the speed bumps!

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - NAMGBR #7-3336