K&N or not

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: K&N or not
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 22:22:10 +0000
Guys,

my new engine is in!  It went for a 30mph-in-top-gear ring-run-in tour
around the block and feels as strong as an ox (well, it hasn't fallen to
pieces after 4 miles :-)  After some final tuning I need to, over the
next two nights, somehow do a few nundred miles in the car, after work,
so I can retension the head ready for a final long run-in drive on
Saturday and the race on Sunday.  Don't you just love the building
excitement of all this.  Let's just hope it doesn't end in tears.

Neil, the button clutch seems fine to drive with (yes, put it in) but
also feels it has the potential to grab tighter than a (thinks better of
using potentially offensive examples here).

Now, the question.

I have the larger #6 needles pouring fuel into the carbies now and am
thinking of going for K&N airfilters, pancake style (which would
normally necessitate the larger needles anyway).

Has anyone got any strong opinions either way or any thoughts on why I
maybe shouldn't worry about sending myself even further into debt just
at the moment?  I think I just found a credit card that isn't max'ed
out!

Eric
'68MGB MkII
(with a new heart)