Re: Wiring basics - Oh No! Big point missed!

To: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Subject: Re: Wiring basics - Oh No! Big point missed!
From: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@apk.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 09:37:28 -0500
Ammonia also reacts with vinyl plasticisers found in dashboards, seat
panels, rear soft top wind screens, and the colorful coatings sometimes
found on electrical wiring. Eventually the insulation will be rendered
hard and brittle. Ever use any of the various flavors of window cleaner
containing ammonia on your car's windows? Ever notice a white powdery
film on the inside of your windshield a few days later? That's the
residue from the reaction between ammonia and vinyl plasticiser.

Jim