Will a '70 MGB fit on a U-haul car carrier?

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Will a '70 MGB fit on a U-haul car carrier?
From: "N" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 19:03:25 -0500
I borrowed a friend's trailer last year to bring my '66 B to Lime Rock.  He
races a Porsche 944.  My B's fat race tires (Dunlop 550 x 14) were only
about half on the ramps & platforms.  My solution was to buy two 2 x 6's &
tie them down to the cross members.  Worked like a charm & now I have extra
wood for projects around if I don't need them again.  I usually drive to &
from the track for races as in "the old days."

If you feel the U-Haul trailer is too wide, this will work for you too.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB