Is the Air Pump Really Necessary?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Is the Air Pump Really Necessary?
From: "Scott Allen" <scottinarl@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 23:18:01 -0000
All,

Subject sorta says it.  The air pump on my 74 1/2 went today, and I know in
the world of Alfa's, (which I'm more familiar with) the air pump really
didn't do anything but rob the engine of hp, so most people just get rid of
them.

Here in Virginny my car is old enough that I don't have to go through
emissions, and therefore I am not subject to the OEM emissions equipment
requirement, so I can get rid of the stuff on the BGT if I want to.

Do I want to?  What do the wiser heads then mine on the list think?

Thanks in advance,

Scott