Re: Why a B specific list?

To: George <aigel.geo@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Why a B specific list?
From: Aaron Whiteman <aaronw@wsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 23:50:53 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, George wrote:

> Look Ed, I don't know what is wrong with you. I also don't know if you are
> the one that speaks for 'all of listers' and if you are the one to tell me
> what car to drive. I just know that I sure had a nice :) behind my
> majorbozo *joke* and you obviously are too tense to see that :) in there.
> I slowly but surely finding out why I need to be someplace else, after the
> warm welcome y'all give me in this place. I am a honest and straight
> forward guy looking for advice and then I run into people like you. I just
> hope you can come back to normal and quit shouting at me. Thanks,

George, you need to develop thicker skin :)
While I don't know for certain how much of Ed's attitude (is that the
right word) is due to the subject at hand, and how much is normal Ed,
he is err... caustic?  Yeah, thats it.  (Not that it is a bad thing, I
enjoy it).  Don't take it personally.  Then again, if you go out and
buy an "Asian POS", I could be willing to buy the B :)

And as others have said, I don't understand your premise.  This list
is applicable to all mgs, and very little of the information discussed
within it is so model specific to not be useful.  To be fair, this
thread was not started by you 'looking for advice', but rather you
essentially telling us the list wasn't good enough for you, and 'here
is a better one' (liberal translation, probably not your intention).
Not the best way to get a good reaction.

To add insult to injury, you made your "jokes" about the mailing
list.  Truthfully, I missed the emoticon too.

(any references to we,us,etc are not to mean that I speak for the
list, this is _my_ opinion, but I am sure I am not entirely alone.  I
speak for those that feel the same way as me.  Is that safe? )

Now, lets get back to discussing cats, oil filters, tyre sizes, and
insurance. :)

--
Aaron Whiteman - aaronw@wsu.edu - email with subject 'PGPKey' for pgpkey
   RCW 19.190 notice: This address is located in Washington State.

///