BGT Value

To: Craig Niederst <niederst@telerama.com>
Subject: BGT Value
From: Peter Edmands <ple@woodedlaw.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 17:16:58 -0500
Craig

I have lurked for quite a while and, after opinion was sought about a
prospective purchase, I have always wondered at the values expressed.
Sometimes they seemed too high, other times suprisingly low.    One
persons daily driver may be another's parts car and vice-versa.  I
looked at a lot of overpriced painted ladies in my search for the car
for me.  They were easy to reject. On the other hand, early in my
search, I passed on some very reasonable examples because I didn't trust
my judgment and experience.  They were always gone when my uncertainty
was overcome.

To me the value of a parts car depends upon the condition of the parts
attached. You recited an attractive inventory of new/near new parts.
However, there are other parts that effect value.   What is the
condition of the chrome and stainless.  Good bumpers and GT window trim
add value.  Wires or Rostyle? Bonnet OK?  Aluminum or steel? Good GT
doors are hard to find, as are rear seats that are useable without
recovering.

Value is in the eye of the beholder and the value of a particular car is
really determined by the willing buyer and seller. Both values expressed
in your situation could well be very reasonable.  Craig, my response is
"it depends".

Peter

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list