RE: BGT Value

To: "'Peter Edmands'" <ple@woodedlaw.com>,
Subject: RE: BGT Value
From: "Garner, Joseph P." <JPGarner@UCDavis.Edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 13:14:58 -0800
my main worry is why would someone pour so much money into a car with such a
shot engine? It speaks to a certain lack of common sense and automative
knowledge which would then make me very suspicisous of the quality of the
rest of the work done on the car.

As for painted ladies... you're spot on there mate, there is an
extraordinaryly strong correlation between increasing outer prettiness, and
underlying mechanical problems (especially underneath the car). I bought my
car because it was so rare to see a car in beautiful shape both inside and
out, and i still have found a long list of idiot previous owner patch-ups
and bunglings as time goes by.

cheers

Joe
___________________________