RE: BGT Value

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: BGT Value
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 15:30:55 -0700 (MST)
You should probably also take into account what you can fix yourself.  I can do
mechanical, but I have been afraid for cosmetic/body work.

A painted lady isn't so bad for me.  My car was one of those in many aspects.

Last summer I parted a GT that had a good 18V and overdrive.  I bought it for
$500, and took what I really wanted, and passed it along.

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Garner, Joseph P. wrote:

> my main worry is why would someone pour so much money into a car with such a
> shot engine? It speaks to a certain lack of common sense and automative
> knowledge which would then make me very suspicisous of the quality of the
> rest of the work done on the car.
>
> As for painted ladies... you're spot on there mate, there is an
> extraordinaryly strong correlation between increasing outer prettiness, and
> underlying mechanical problems (especially underneath the car). I bought my
> car because it was so rare to see a car in beautiful shape both inside and
> out, and i still have found a long list of idiot previous owner patch-ups
> and bunglings as time goes by.
>
> cheers

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list