Re: Noisy gearbox? on 69 MGB

To: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: Noisy gearbox? on 69 MGB
From: James Nazarian Jr <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 09:43:59 -0700
If I recall correctly (and It has been years since I've looked) there was a
screw tapped into the angle drive that you could take out and pump some lube
into.

--
James Nazarian Jr
71 MGB roadster

A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have
   evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.

On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 08:15:37AM -0800, Charley & Peggy Robinson profoundly
declared:
>  Ida no Larry, when I hear the phrase "prone to failure" it makes me
> think of something with a short life span.  Well holy smoke, some of
> these angle drives have been around for 30 years and still work!  Still,
> I can see your POV, if it ain't there it can't fail.
>
>   Hmmm, maybe if we drilled a hole in them for a Zerk fitting....yeah,
> that's the ticket! ;^)
>
>   Cheers,
>
>   CR

///