Re: Removing the dash...

To: "MG" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Removing the dash...
From: "Rick Astley" <ricka@mich.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 12:13:42 -0500
Jon:
The nuts along the bottom of the windshield are toughest to locate with a
socket wrench, you need about 4 knuckles in the extension bar and will still
end up with your own bleeding. I never replace those nuts, just slip small
neoprene cable grommets over the male threaded studs. The elastic force
holds the top
of the dash in place without rattling and the bottom screws keep everything
together. I can now get such a dash on and fairly quickly and most jobs can
be done by just releasing the bottom screws and tilting the dash forward, as
it now hinges along the top.
Rick