Re: Misting oil from the breather cap...

To: "Charley & Peggy Robinson" <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: Misting oil from the breather cap...
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 18:45:27 -0700 (MST)
That sounds like a reasonable measure to take.  I will do it.  I have a
compression tester already as well.  I would have done it already, but
my car is at a body shop, and I am on what is turning into a never
ending quest for a good hood.

The '70 did have a breather on it.  My engine block is a '77 however,
and I don't know what they ran.  The breather cap with a trap seems
reasonable if the compression is still good.  The chrome one is pretty,
but it is a real bear to get off.

If the pressure is coming up though the valves how do you resolve that?
 Valve job?

Thanks!

--
Andrew Lundgren