Re: Engine sizes. WARNING: POTENTIAL HOLY WAR.

To: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>,
Subject: Re: Engine sizes. WARNING: POTENTIAL HOLY WAR.
From: Bob Shaw <shaws@mlcltd.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 07:22:46 -0600
At 8:21 AM -0700 3/23/01, David Councill wrote:
>Bob,
>
>Where do you get the intake manifold for the HS6 carbs? I just put a
>set of HS6 carbs on my TR7. Since I will be selling the TR7 as soon
>as convertible season starts here, I might pull them back out and
>put the Strombergs back in, particularly if I can find a better use
>for them (like on my B).

I used the stock intake manifolds. There is more than enough material
to machine the center out the necessary amount. I ordered two MGC
carb spacers, and machined the manifold and heat shield to match
them.  I did have to trim two of the ears off the inside spacer. I am
told that the carbs will never warp with only two bolts, and to this
point they have not. I have only been running the setup for about 6
years, however. The carbs on my car are from a C, with B jets and
rich needles. The carbs on my wife's GT are from a Volvo and are
running the jets and needles that came on them.
--
Bob Shaw
Check out Shaw's Garage at http://www.mlcltd.com/shawsgarage/

///