Re: fitting new top

To: "MG-BBS" <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: fitting new top
From: "Mike Janacek" <mjanacek@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 13:07:58 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "nxhio xebeaio" <Rmartin@yedtech.co.il>
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2001 12:18 PM
Subject: fitting new top

> 2)attaching hood to header bar - I have a new rubber header
bar-to-winshield
> rubber seal, as well as the metal strip that holds that seal in place.
the
> strip attaches to the header bar with rivets, apparently.  the hood
material
> should go between the two?  or is it only attached higher up with
adhesive?
> Are the rivets suffucient to hold the fabric permanently to the header
bar,
> or should I use adhesive as well?

Pop rivets normally hold the retainer, though some people change to sheet
metal screws.
Measure and mark the front center of the top (chalk) to aid in aligning.\,
using the
windscreen centerbar as a guide.
Use contact adhesive on the center 1/3 of the header to start. Once your
satisfied with the centering
and tightness, glue the outer edges. Finally wrap the top material around
the header bar and glue.
Use an awl or scribe to find holes for the retainer and rivet or screw in
place.
Trim off excess material. Add your new seal.

Mike

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list