re: Testing stuff.

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Testing stuff.
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 21:42:13 -0400
Here is a method I've used to check/find leaks on radiators & heater cores.
(Never tried it on oil coolers...)

Take a bicycle tire tube, cut it and attach the cut ends to the inlet/outlet
of the item.
Plug all other openings. Apply air pressure through the tube's valve. The
tube
can expand a bit to act as a reservoir of air pressure. If needed, dunk the
item
in a tub of water (child's wading pool works well...) or apply soapy water
to suspect
areas. Remember that most cooling systems operate at 5-12 psi so don't
over-do
the air pressure.

Eric

         <edited copy>