Re: Why is it so hard to choose a #$!%!^ color?

To: Chris Thompson <ct@cthompson.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Why is it so hard to choose a #$!%!^ color?
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 10:58:20 -0600
Chris,

Try this site for better details on different colors, all on one page:
http://www.teglerizer.com/mgcolors/index.html

BRG is a fine color in its natural state. There is also a "dark" BRG.

I have to mention that I have an interest in Paul's site. My car is the
example of BRG.  :)

David

At 10:26 AM 4/26/2001 -0400, Chris Thompson wrote:
>I'm having a struggle here lately. I want to begin stockpiling interior
>trim for the repaint/restore I'm going to do, so I want to choose what
>colors I'll be using. This is a 73B roadster which in the restore is going
>to get an original style all chrome grille and probably a shiny new luggage
>rack on the back.
>
>I started out wanting Tartan Red or Flame Red, but going through the picture
>gallery on http://www.british-cars.org.uk/kimber/, it seems to me that
>everyone does that. While I like the color, part of me wants to be a bit
>unique. I'd estimate two thirds of the images on that site are of red MGB's.
>
>Then I go through phases where I want BRG and a tan/biscuit
>interior. Unfortunately, I have yet to see a picture of a BRG roadster that
>I really liked. I'm willing to bet that most that I see are just poorly
>color balanced scans or digital pictures and that if I saw one in person it
>would be a different matter.
>
>The problem I have with the beige interior stems from the fact that I'm
>32. I got my license in 85 and havent owned a car older than 85. By that
>time car interiors were monochrome. If it was a beige interior, it was a
>beige dash. So when I look at a B with beige panels, carpet and seats and
>that black dash, steering column and center console, it just looks wrong to
>my eye. Yes, I know that's how they came from the factory, but chalk it up
>to my age, it just doesnt look right to me.
>
>On the flip side, One of the sharpest MGB interiors I've seen is the all
>black interior that Moss and/or VB show in their full color pages of the
>catalog. Leather covered Moto-Lita, black carpet, etc.
>
>That makes me think "Why dont I do an all black. Black laquer with alot of
>clear coat." and I liked the look of the roadster that was posted here
>today. But I worry about all black being too hot in the summer.
>
>I found an image of a car in Royale Blue that I liked, and the majority of
>the cars I've owned have been dark blue.
>
>If I wanted to be more unique, I could do a stripe and logo job like...
>
>http://www.british-cars.org.uk/kimber/pics/tomrynne.jpg
>http://www.british-cars.org.uk/kimber/pics/rynnestripe.jpg
>
>So am I just overthinking this whole thing? Does anyone else lay in bed at
>night thinking of their MGB to the point of insomnia?
>
>-C

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list