Re: Performance drawbacks

To: "Eric" <eric@erickson.on.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Performance drawbacks
From: "Richard Spurling" <hobbes@senet.com.au>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 00:35:49 +0930
> As I said, high octane fuel stops most of these problems - as does
> learning to push in the clutch when I turn off the key which kills the
> pre-ignition usually.
>
> Oh well... I can live with it all as it just takes a bit of getting used
> to.

It's all part of the polluted water they sell as petrol here Eric. My beast
is even less modified than yours and she now runs on Premium Unleaded - the
so called Lead Free Super they sell now is muck.

I haven't heard of the "push in the clutch when you turn off the key" trick
before, though my foot is usually on the clutch because it's in gear. Are
you referring to pushing in the clutch as you turn the key? How would that
help?

I find that when it runs on, the best move is to bounce up and down in your
seat, then look disgustedly at the car. That way, people don't notice the
car, and they're convinced you're a nutter for driving round without a roof
anyway, so they don't notice your behaviour either.

Cheers
Richard
they're coming to take me away, ha, ha, they're coming to take me away