Re: repairing the turn signal HANDLE

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: repairing the turn signal HANDLE
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 11:10:34 EDT
In a message dated 5/2/01 10:55:29 AM, saidel@camden.rutgers.edu writes:

<< The plastic handle of my turn signal broke off. >>

Bill:

Have you looked at the switch itself?  My 72 GT has a handle that is hanging
loosely in the switch body because that piece has fractured in the middle.  I
have improved the situation and kept it workable by wrapping tape around the
switch body, but it still is a loose arrangement, and eventually will have to
be replaced.  You may be able to see the switch body without removing the
cowl, but you gotta get that off to wrap it.
  Not too high-tech, and not very encouraging.

Jay Donoghue
72B
72B-GT
66 Mustang