Re: MGB convertible top frame fitting

To: <PBoothLNA@aol.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB convertible top frame fitting
From: "Larry B. Macy" <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 08:37:30 -0400
Paul

Absolutely, under no set of circumstances should this be read as a
definitive answer. But to try to answer question b. On a Midget the bolts
that hold the tonneau bar brackets are exactly the same as the one that hold
the folding frame top.

I only offer this suggestion as I am reading mail backwards and I did not
see an answer to this in the later posts.

You should go take a look at a car near that vintage and see if that is the
correct mounting point. (I think it is, but I ain't no B guru)

Larry

On 5/4/01 1:18 PM, "PBoothLNA@aol.com" <PBoothLNA@aol.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a 64 MGB with the occasional pack away split convertible top frame. I
> wish to convert to the more useable folding scissor type gray frame
> appropriate for this year of MGB.
>
> I have two question which I hope you folks on the list may be able to answer
> for me:
>
> a. Will my current top (goes with he pack away frame) fit the new folding
> scissor type frame?
>
> b. How do I go about fitting the frame to a car that has never had a folding
> frame. I have removed the rear trim panels and there doesn't appear to be any
> holes or other fittings that the frame would fix to. The only captive nuts I
> see are those for the sockets that the tonnue bars would slide into (or the
> old pack away frame).
>
> TIA,
>
> Paul Booth.
> 64 MGB