Re: MGB convertible top frame fitting

To: PBoothLNA@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGB convertible top frame fitting
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 13:00:27 -0700
I have done this with my '65 for the same reasons--it can rain anytime
in Seattle!

Undo the three screws that hold the chrome brackets on, and I think you
will find they are around 2" long.  This is so they will go through the
folding top mounting brackets, which mount over the chrome brackets.

If yours are not 2" long you can order the correct screws from the usual
suppliers.

Stick with the late type more complicated folding frame, it works better
than the earlier type that scissors towards the center, IMHO.

Stuart

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list