MGB convertible top frame fitting

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB convertible top frame fitting
From: PBoothLNA@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 11:35:28 EDT
Hi All,

Thanks for all the replies and advice.

The main reason why I want to switch to the folding frame in preference to
the pack away type is that I live in Florida and although the weather is
generally warm and sunny it does have a habit of raining from time to time
(During the summer the summer months mostly every day!). Its not really
practical to be out all day without the a top as some have suggested.

The pack away frame works OK but even with care the process of putting up the
top and stowing it away has resulted in the paint getting scratched and
chipped around the chrome sockets and trunk areas. That's OK right now as the
paint is old but I will shortly have the paint redone as part of the
restoration.

Again, thanks for the useful information.

Regards,

Paul Booth.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list