Very Sad-my MG crashed.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Very Sad-my MG crashed.
From: Justin Lehrer <justinl8@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 11:50:26 -0700 (PDT)
My '79 MGB was in an accident yesterday near San Francisco.  My girlfriend had
the car, and she rear-ended one of those god-forsaken Mercedes SUVs at about
10mph.  Nobody got hurt.  The passenger side has most of the damage--hood is
bent a bit, front fender is bent down and digging into the tire.  Axle looks
like it might be bent also.  Windsheild also cracked.  I think my dogs head
went into it (dog is fine--he's got a hard head!).  Needless to say, I am
devastated.  The insurance adjuster hasn't come yet to appraise, but I fear the
frame may be bent.  The whole front quarter of the car is bent down towards the
ground.  I have some questions for the list:

1. Can anyone recommend a body shop that works on MG's in the SF Bay area?  On
the peninsula would be ideal, but I am open to all recommendations.

2. Does anyone have any advice for me with regard to the insurance appraisal?
My concern is that since these cars are not all that common, and probably wont
be in the computer systems for instant parts quotes, that the insurance guy
will lowball me or declare it a total loss.  Anyone have experiences with this
they can share?

Thanks.  All advice is appreciated.

Justin Lehrer
'79 Red MGB in critical condition
Redwood City, CA
justinl8@yahoo.com
Yahoo! Auctions - Click and bid on cool stuff like Dave Matthews Band Tickets &
more!

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list