Re: Very Sad-my MG crashed.

To: Justin Lehrer <justinl8@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Very Sad-my MG crashed.
From: James Nazarian Jr <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 13:05:59 -0600
The only thing I can offer is that sometimes if you have a moss/vb catalog in
hand it will make the parts estimation process easier.  They may be more
helpful/generous if you have the info they lack.  I did this when my B got
backed over by a suburban, and it made the whole process easier.  When the
estimation process started, the first thing out of the guy's mouth was "I don't
even know where to get parts for this"  I quickly produced my moss catalog, and
from then on it was smooth sailing.

--
James Nazarian Jr
71 MGB roadster

A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have
   evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 11:50:26AM -0700, Justin Lehrer profoundly declared:
> My '79 MGB was in an accident yesterday near San Francisco.  My girlfriend
>had the car, and she rear-ended one of those god-forsaken Mercedes SUVs at
>about 10mph.  Nobody got hurt.  The passenger side has most of the
>damage--hood is bent a bit, front fender is bent down and digging into the
>tire.  Axle looks like it might be bent also.  Windsheild also cracked.  I
>think my dogs head went into it (dog is fine--he's got a hard head!).
>Needless to say, I am devastated.  The insurance adjuster hasn't come yet to
>appraise, but I fear the frame may be bent.  The whole front quarter of the
>car is bent down towards the ground.  I have some questions for the list:
>
> 1. Can anyone recommend a body shop that works on MG's in the SF Bay area?
>On the peninsula would be ideal, but I am open to all recommendations.
>
> 2. Does anyone have any advice for me with regard to the insurance appraisal?
> My concern is that since these cars are not all that common, and probably
>wont be in the computer systems for instant parts quotes, that the insurance
>guy will lowball me or declare it a total loss.  Anyone have experiences with
>this they can share?
>
> Thanks.  All advice is appreciated.
>
> Justin Lehrer
> '79 Red MGB in critical condition
> Redwood City, CA
> justinl8@yahoo.com
> Yahoo! Auctions - Click and bid on cool stuff like Dave Matthews Band Tickets
>& more!

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list