Re: Body Work

To: larryhoy@marketvalue.net
Subject: Re: Body Work
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 08:23:06 -0500
Thanks Larry. :-]

Larry Hoy wrote:

> One more comment.  An excellent procedure is to do the metal work, then body
>work, and have
> someone else shoot it.  The labor to shoot the car is small, the expensive
>stuff is the
> paint and you'd buy that anyway.

  So true.  I did my E-type because that was my hobby.  I probably
made 50 cents an hour when it was over.   Keep in mind, as Larry
says, the big cost is TIME.  Anything you can do to cut the time
down while at the paint shop will save you money.  I always remove
and replace trim as that is a point of major savings.  I'm also really
picky about how it goes back on.

> Plus you won't be poisoning yourself like Rick ... now we know why he drives
>an Italian car
> ... the fumes have modified his brain cells ... Rick says, " I used hardener
>in the paint
> and it made me plenty sick."

   Physically, mentally and morally. :-P

> : - )