Re: Body Work

To: Chris Chandler <barak@voyager.net>
Subject: Re: Body Work
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 16:36:56 -0500
Chris Chandler wrote:

> I'm curious......snip...
>
> I would rather not "experiment" (which is what it would be...) on my B...

   You wouldn't believe the number of painted boxes, license
plates, trash cans and other 'things' I used to have in my
garage!  Once you have read the basics and techniques, you
just need to practice.  This is the equivalent of 'experience.'
   Of greater importance is knowing what is safe to do and
what is not safe.  The biggest threats are not to your car but
to YOU.  The paint/reducer/hardner is poisonous and flammable.
I have never had a garage fire but I have been mighty sick.
I painted the tubular sub-frame on my '63 E-type the night
before I left on a business trip to Russia.  I used hardener in
the paint and it made me plenty sick.  I threw up in the business
class head out over the Pacific a couple of times.  Not fun.  My
liver now probably looks like old moldy Swiss cheese.

best,

--
Rick Lindsay
Diamond Geoscience Research