Re: engine swap - Riley 1.5

To: WSpohn4@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: engine swap - Riley 1.5
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 17:48:45 -0500
At 06:35 PM 5/23/2001 EDT, WSpohn4@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 23/05/01 3:11:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>What you are obviously unaware of, Barney, is that the Riley does not use
the B series axle that your MGA does. It uses the A series like a Midget,
but with even longer axles, which is why they snap like celery sticks when
asked to deal with any additional torque. ....

Now THAT I can understand.  I have seen a Midget on street tires snap a
half shaft and block the street in front of me.  The poor fellow had to
drive a rented Ford Escort in the POR Rally in Stock class rather than
running the Midget in Vintage class.  How embarrassing!

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg

///