RE: Hey It's Okay to Commit Fraud!

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Hey It's Okay to Commit Fraud!
From: "Greg Bass" <gregbass@atlantadental.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 15:27:27 -0400
I have to agree with Earl on this one. Someone will learn a lesson. I know
nothing about vintage racers and such but I do know a good deal about
internet advertizing and how the law pertains to it. (or maybe I should say,
doesn't pertain to it) Anyway, we all appreciate the effort Kai. Yah dit yer
best old sod.

Two say's come to mind from this whole episode.
 1 "There's a fool born every minute" * (that would be the person who buys
the thing)
and the other,
 2 "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink." (and my
addon to that is) But you can stand on his head until the bloody thing
drowns!

Greg Bass

"Laws alone can not secure freedom
  of expression:  in order that every
  man present his views without penalty
  there must be a spirit of tolerance
  in the entire population."
  Albert Einstein;  Out of My Later Years (1950)

> In a message dated 5/25/01 2:14:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> kmr@pil.net
> writes:
>

> > Response from eBay:  "eBay is not in a position to make
> judgments about the
> > authenticity or authorized nature of auction items"
> >
> > Rhode Island State Attorney General's Office:  "nothing at
> all we can do."
> > Seriously, that is what they said.
> >
> > New York State Attorney General's Office:  "is this car a
> Lemon?"  No, not
> > that kind of fraud.  "I'm sorry, there is nothing we can do."
> >
> > So much for doing the right thing...
> >

> - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
> Kickers, knickers, knickers...bunch, bunch, bunch!
>
> Kai, you did your best.  That's all you can do.  WE know it's not as
> advertised.  When you have kids you come to the realization
> that the best way
> for them to learn is by trying things and failing.  (Come to
> think of it,
> that's how I learned about fixing cars, back in the dark
> ages.)  Someone will
> buy the car thinking it was a steal.  Then he/she will try to
> sell it as an
> original works racer for 27 gazillion dollars, and will find
> out the hard way
> that it isn't.  They will learn, you just have to let them.
>
> Earl Muntz

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list