RE: Which Classic for a Daily Driver?

To: "'Dan DiBiase'" <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Which Classic for a Daily Driver?
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 10:11:41 -0700
> Subject: Which Classic for a Daily Driver?
>

> The thread about 'MG's costly to fix?' fits into an
> interesting discussion
> I am having with myself (not out loud!). My current car, a
> 1995 VW Jetta
> GLS, is eligible for replacement in January (van paid off). So, I have

Dan:

        I have an 85 mile per day highway commute.  I'm building a 73 MGB GT
up as a daily driver (exempt from emissions).  Emphasis is on cheap, safe
and replaceable as the drivers I encounter every day appear to have arrested
mental development.

        The C is a wonderful touring car, but doesn't fit into my "cheap" or
"replaceable" category.

        For kiddie chores, I'm working on a 58 MG Magnette and a 66 Jaguar
3.8S.  The rarity of each and fuel mileage of the Jag precludes them from
being daily drivers.

        I got rid of the last of my econoboxes as working on it was taking
time away from LBCs.  In a pinch I can borrow my lady's Camry.
        At the moment I have a 95 Dodge Turbo Diesel Pick Up (tow vehicle,
daily commuter, brute) and my 65 MGB race car drivable.  Although I just
bought a new battery for the Jag and hope to have it drivable again soon.
(new wheel bearings, brake servo, trans and steering box leaks)

Kelvin.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list