Re: Oil Pump Question

To: "Dave Munroe" <dave@munroe.ca>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Pump Question
From: "Michael Lupynec" <mlupynec@globalserve.net>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 11:11:11 -0400
It may be that the chamfer has no function but is a machining mark
put there to make sure you put in the rotor the right way around,
which might  be important.

Pick up a small sledge and bash something (preferably used). This
GH therapy will allow you to roll up the sleeves and quickly pull
the pump which often takes less energy and time than worrying
about it.

If a techno lister (Barney?) who has direct knowledge and says its
no big deal, then leave it. To be safe, watch the oil pressure and
for bits of metal in the oil change.

Mike L
60A,67E,59Bug