Re: what makes a car a "Classic?"

To: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Subject: Re: what makes a car a "Classic?"
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 17:47:27 -0600
Eric:

Completely agree with the following:

<<<snip>>>
Most 'competition' eligibility here seems to set 'Classic' as
pre-1970
although as years go by they are having to re-think this and some
are
going to pre-1975, but there were some rather dramatic
engineering leaps
made after (and around) 1970 that makes this year seem an
appropriate
barrier.."
<<<snip>>>

Here in the US I feel there's nothing classic about 95% of the
car models made after the Government started designing cars with
5 MPH bumpers, emission controls, air bags, side intrusion
protection, etc.  That occured around the mid 70's here.

They all look like modified rain drops to me, and some from the
rear look like a bull's ass!  Those of you who have seen a real
Bull's ass should understand.

Blake

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list