Re: Overdrive Swap

To: lundgren@byu.net
Subject: Re: Overdrive Swap
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 14:24:02 -0400
Andy,
  See if 12v reaches the solenoid's little black wire with gearbox in
4th, OD switch in "on" position and ignition on.  If the wire is hot and
solenoid does not move, solenoid may be bad.  Before you spend $100 on a
new one, though, replace all the rubber bits in the OD.  The OD units are
not temperature-sensitive at air temps we humans can tolerate.
Bob

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001 16:05:16 -0600 (MDT) "Andrew B. Lundgren"
<lundgren@byu.net> writes:
> I haven't noticed it this year, but I haven't been able to drive
> much, my windshield is off right now, but last year, when it was hot
> out and when the car was hot, the OD would not engage.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list