Re: MG 2001 preparation

To: "Mgs@autox.team.net" <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG 2001 preparation
From: "Denise Thorpe" <xyzabcde@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 0:25:22 -0400
Hi all,

Just back from a conference in DC and I had 170 messages!
Yikes!

Anyway, I don't remember being a big player in the
disconnect-the-driveshaft debate, but I probably couldn't keep my mouth
shut.  And I can't now.  In my many moves recently, I've driven the
'67 B cross-country twice--from San Diego to Atlanta, and from Seattle to
Boston.  How, you ask, did it get from Atlanta to Seattle?  It was
towed.  Was the driveshaft in it?  No.  It has an early OD tranny
and I decided that the OD was too close to an automatic to risk it, and
besides, it's only eight bolts, and it was only a matter of lying in a puddle
put it back in in a parking lot.  However, the rear shocks were shot when I
arrived and they were only 20 years old!  I could have avoided all
problems by towing the car backwards, but then the wire wheels would have come
off.

So, is there any reason why I shouldn't store a battery on concrete?

Denise

I'm so bad...