Re: 5 Speed - Why? - Why not the engine swap?

To: <WSpohn4@aol.com>
Subject: Re: 5 Speed - Why? - Why not the engine swap?
From: "Tim Economu" <economu@whidbey.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 14:24:21 -0700
I suppose it is just a matter of drawing lines in different places. I
appreciate my MGs for what they are. I have no illusions about their
limitations, and I am ready to use better bearings, electrical items,
lubricants, to make them function better.

While I am not as eloquent as you Bill, I find myself almost completely in
agreement. When having my muffler replaced last year, the mechanic told me
of his buddy's MGB and how he had replaced the Armstrongs with new Koni's
and how much better it handled. I really didn't have much to say to that
except muttering something about wanting to keep it original. Of course he
was comparing new Koni's to old Armstrongs, but hey- why let logic enter the
discussion right?

What I really would have said is that what I love about the B is the way it
rides. And sounds, and feels, and smells. I love it that I am riding in a
piece of history, and something that is different than other machines out
there with Koni shock absorbers. Why would I compromise this??

On another note, I am going camping...later all!!

Kind regards,

Tim Economu
1969 MGBGT

///