Re: 5 Speed - Why? - Why not the engine swap?

To: barneymg@ntsource.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 5 Speed - Why? - Why not the engine swap?
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 00:58:09 EDT
In a message dated 2001-07-03 9:48:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
barneymg@ntsource.com writes:

<< >What I am not prepared to do is bastardise them by transplanting engines,
 .... from a different car into them. Even if it doesn't show. An MGB engine
 in an MGA? No problem. ....

 You've lost me for sure on this one.  I'm sure an MGB engine was never in
 an MGA from the factory. >>

Didn't say it did. I wouldn't have much problem with Corvettes with a 327
instead of a 283 or Mustangs with 302 instead of the harder to find 289, or a
Jag XK 140 with a 3.8 engine either. These engines are from the successor to
the transplantee (sometimes from the same model, built later).

I don't mind an MGB engine in an MGA; I wouldn't like to see a Cortina or
Volvo engine in one.

I similarly have no problem with MGA 1500 cars with disc brakes.  I wouldn't
want to see them with Mustang front ends.

Not so hard to fathom, is it?

Bill

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list