Re: Knock Knock...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Knock Knock...
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 13:18:32 EDT
Keith,

Can't say for sure, but here's two possibilities.  One is a drive shaft
universal about to let loose.  Get down under the car and grab the shaft,
twisting sharply  in both directions.  Any play at all is bad.  Get it fixed
before it rips the end off of your drive shaft, like I stupidly had happen
(years ago.  I'm much smarter now).
Another knock can come from loose shocks.  Your shocks are held to the body
by two large bolts.  Hand shaking won't reveal a problem.  Put a big wrench
on the nuts and tighten soundly.  Had this happen, too.

Jay Donoghue
72B
72B-GT
66 Mustang