Re: Tonneau Covers

To: <AGreenberg@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tonneau Covers
From: "carlg" <carlg@rmci.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 13:33:58 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: <AGreenberg@aol.com>
To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2001 9:50 AM
Subject: Tonneau Covers

> Hey Gang, what's the best deal around for Tonneau Covers.
> Moss, Victoria, ProperMG all sit at around $230 or so.
> My son and my 1976 project B is on the road ( today is the first day ) and
now I want to put together the things that will make it a little more
practical. Cup holder, and radio are done.
> Any ideas.  My 'B' budget is blown at least for the next few months.

Or you can do what I did if your fortunate enough to have some spare
"lift-the-dot" fasteners as I do:

Make your own.  I priced out tonneau covers and was damned if I was going to
pay that kind of money for what amounts
to $10-20 worth of naugahyde and a couple of dollars worth of zipper.   I
went to a local fabric store and bought a couple
of yards of good quality naugahyde for $16 and a good heavy duty zipper
which went for $3.50.  Then sat down at the
wife's sewing maching and proceeded to make one.  Got that all done, went to
the spare parts drawers, found and fitted
the necessary "lift-the-dot" fasteners and was done.  Even has a pocket for
the steering wheel to fit into.

Carl G

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list