Re: 1 3/4" SU

To: barneymg@ntsource.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1 3/4" SU
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 23:50:14 EDT
In a message dated 12/07/01 7:33:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
barneymg@ntsource.com writes:

> >Barney, if it is really a street cam, you aren't doing anything at 7000
> but making noise and reducing bottom end life!
>
> Tell that to all the guys staring at my FTDI trophies.  8)  For short
> periods of time while autocrossing in 2nd gear the small drop off of torque
> from 6000-7000 rpm is not nearly as bad as the drop off of rear wheel
> torque caused by a shift into 3rd gear.

I stand by what I said. Your power is dropping above 6000 rpm.

If you don't already have a CR gear box, spend the bucks - it will let you
keep it near the torque peak without thrashing the poor thing.

If you don't believe me, have a look at a power curve sometime.

Bill

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list