Re: 1 3/4" SU

To: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1 3/4" SU
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 11:26:50 -0500
At 08:26 PM 7/12/2001 +0930, Eric wrote:
>OK, so far I have heard nothing BAD about making this 'improvement' to HS6
(and thanks to all who have responded off-list), but then again I haven't
heard from Barney, Ed, Larry....

What the hell would I know about HS6's?  My 1600 hums happily past 7000 rpm
running on H4's.  The new street cam made a big difference, and it breaths
better now than ever, lots of fun to thrash around.  I suppose if you're
into BIG bore stuff (like 1800cc blocks), and you want to go racing for
real, and you want the most possible out of it above 6000 rpm, then the
larger carbs would be on the wants list.  But for anything short of a full
race engine, what's the point?  (Is that a "BAD" comment?)  You can get
stroked by a new Honda on the street anyway.  I'd rather spend the money on
a new set of sticky tires.

There, now got my $.02,

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude