dashboard conversions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: dashboard conversions
From: CraigFaubel@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 12:39:21 EDT
I have a 71 roadster and as part of V8 conversion, I took off all the foam
from the dashboard and did a lot of sheetmatal work to put in new gauges and
glovebox, etc.  Now I have a metal dash painted wrinkle black likd old style
B did.  My question is:
  If I grind away the welded in mounting studs and drill holes, instead, can
I buy a 63-67 dashboard 'roll' and expect it to have mounting studs in the
same place as my 71 did?  Then, I should be able to put the 'roll' on top,
the dashboard with holes next, ane then pass the bolts thru the body, and the
nuts should hold the whole assembly in place, with the roll making a nice,
padded transition from dashboard to body.
  Has anyone done this?
  I cant see the mounting method on Moss' catalog, and they've not yet
responded to my faxed query.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list