Re: The Tireless Question

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The Tireless Question
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 18:10:13 -0700
155 is rather small. I thought 165 was standard. The Michelin MX4 175R14
fits, looks good, gives you a little more height and tread width. You may
have to look around to find them, but they are out there. If you go to a
modern 70 series tire, I don't know if you can gain much ride height before
you run out of space, width-wise. But I know some people run 185/70-14. Note
that if the springs are sagging from age, or the shocks are worn, you may be
more constrained as to size, and the benefits of really wide rubber won't be
apparent, anyway.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149