Re: My B doesn't like me

To: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My B doesn't like me
From: Tyson Sherman <mts3@ra.msstate.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 20:40:49 -0500
That did it.  Thanks.  I didn't realize removing
the tach would be so easy.  It's a lot easier than
the speedometer because of that dreaded blade
sticking down, also known as the bracket for the
trip reset knob.

Now I have a full set of working gages.

What would make the speedometer needle wiggle at
speed.  It gets bad at about 50 mph but I didn't
get up any faster than that.  I seem to remember
it would get worse where at 70 it looks like
you're going anywhere between 50 and 90.

Thanks,

Tyson

Bob Howard wrote:

> Tyson,
>   The leak at the oil pressure gauge may be nothing more than the nut
> being loose one flat.  Try tightening it (gently) before you go to the
> effort of removing the gauge.
>   Removing the tach is the first step, but it is not difficult, and then
> you have reasonable access to the back of the oil pressure gauge.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list