Re: 6V Battery Source

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 6V Battery Source
From: MGTD1952@cs.com
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 19:44:26 EDT
I went up to BJ's Wholesale Club (like Sam's Club, or Costco, etc.) and
bought the Exide Group 26 for about $34.  It's a 5-year battery.  There are
two small tabs at the base that make it a tight fit, but it does fit.  I took
the handle off my old Ford Motorcraft Group 26 that had been in the BGT and
snapped right onto the Exide.

In a message dated 7/25/01 3:59:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time, dcouncil@imt.net
writes:

> The alternative is a group 26 battery. I found one for my son's car at
> Sears (Diehard) and it had a strap attached. This is important because the
> group 26 battery is a tight fit and the strap allows it to be pulled out
> easily. Not all group 26 batteries will fit, depending on how the base is
> designed.

Steve in NJ

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list