Re: AC in an early ('67) MGB-GT

To: dave houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Subject: Re: AC in an early ('67) MGB-GT
From: James Howard <jhoward@sextans.lowell.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 10:04:57 -0700 (MST)
On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, dave houser wrote:

> I'm moving the radio down to the grill area and need to widen the round hole
> behind the speaker. The Pioneer CD changer fits beautifully up on the shelf
> under the rear wooden cover on the right side. I'm looking at that Vintage Air
> 2 outlet as one choice, too. Still looking for a solution to my speaker
> placement. Any thoughts? Would like to keep all panels untouched.

On my 70 B, the speaker was in a panel under the dash, facing down, so you
couldn't even see it.  I was thinking of doing that.  I also have one of
the AMCO aftermarket center consoles for the early B, which has a speaker
mounted in the rear, atop the transmission tunnel right in front of the
battery boxes.  If you don't find mono, that may be the way to go,
assuming you can find a console.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list