RE: Tire pressure monitors (No LBC)

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tire pressure monitors (No LBC)
From: "Greg Bass" <gregbass@atlantadental.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 15:27:50 -0400
I wonder if it could be tied to a system like LoJack. Have it set off an
alarm when passing with in a mile of a police car. Or maybe have the traffic
light cameras tied in also and have it take you pic when entering a
intersection with low pressure. Or maybe a warning light, like the "Check
Engine Soon", that has to go to the shop and be hooked up to the computer to
be diagnosed and reset, and then tell you "Yes sir, your tire pressure is 4
lbs low". That will be $75 please and we can correct the fault for another
$25. A lot of interesting scenarios come to mind. But I really don't need
another warning light on my dash. Makes you wonder if it's a reaction to the
Firestone/SUV fiasco. (although I'm sure no government offical would say
that)

Greg - King of Geekdom
'78 B
'85 Blazer
'93 Century
'99 Craftmans Lawnboy

> Behalf Of Ajhsys@aol.com
> Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2001 3:14 PM
> Subject: Tire pressure monitors (No LBC)
>

> Well, I just heard about this story:
> http://news.excite.com/news/ap/010725/14/tire-pressure
>
> The feds are trying to mandate tire pressure monitors on all
> cars for 2004.
> It seems that many people don't check their tire pressure
> regularly, and
> driving with low tires can be dangerous.
>
><<SNIPPED FOR BREVITY>>

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list